Having troubles choosing a b2b platform for your new project? Here are 6 practices for selecting top b2b platforms!
We understand you completely – choosing the right b2b ecommerce solution is a tough decision. If you are experiencing troubles in the decision-making process, here are 6 practices that can help you out:
- Understand the components of the ecommerce system: You need to know as much as possible about the ecommerce platform. You need to educate yourself on how to create a positive customer experience, promotions, merchandising, and etc. You will discover standard features that are used across platforms such as shopping cart, product information, orders, and etc.
- Write a business case: The next thing you need to do is write the business case. The business case should include an ROI based on hard data like conversion, site traffic, average order value, and etc. You can use your Business Case to measure the effectiveness of your final decision.
- Get the Business and IT on the same page: In order for you to make a right decision, you need to find a platform that is right for your company. This is the point where you need to get the business and IT team on the same page. Your IT team should figure out what your business needs and the tools it requires.
- Determine which requirements are unique to your industry: When developing requirements, the important thing to do is focus on where you are unique. You need to understand these unique demands and use them to make the right decision. We know it is difficult but if you make an extra effort, you will find a platform that provides these out-of-box requirements.
- Use cases: You need to invest your resources in building a case. We recommend you to develop use cases to include common features and a few to help you determine how to customize for your unique needs. Make sure your team has agreed with your cases.
- The importance of integration: Integration is important to your online business success. You should consider integration with CRM, ERP, Order Management, Content Management, Product Management, and etc. It is essential for you to understand how each platform integrates to your back office.
So, now that you know how to choose top b2b platforms, are you ready to make a final decision? Are you ready to analyze, compare, and select b2b platforms and decide which one is the perfect fit for your business? Good luck!